Lift Truck Operations: Industrial Masted Refresher 1 Day
Refresh your forklift operator skills and knowledge in just 1 day, building upon previous operator training on the same or a different forklift type.
Overview in brief
Our dedicated learner course will provide you with the basic training required by law to help you master the industrial masted lift truck – better known as a forklift.
Used across the commercial world, it’s a machine that’s extremely popular for moving materials and goods quickly and efficiently.
But without proper training, it’s also a major cause of workplace accidents.
Our course fully complies with the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) approved code of practice for forklift operation.
You’ll gain vital practical experience to ensure you can operate a forklift safely and effectively.
The finer details
Theory and practice combine on our course.
You’ll be brought up to speed with the latest health and safety regulations.
You’ll also learn about the potential – and the pitfalls – of the machine.
Then it’s hands-on time, with a full run-through of forklift driving basics.
You’ll move on to loading and unloading skills and mastering the vehicle’s lifting and shifting capabilities.
Finally, you’ll learn about key post-operational checks.
Course sessions in full:
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Introduction to the lift truck
- Start, stop and basic manoeuvring
- Operating with pallets and loads
- Bulk and difficult loads.
What will be covered?
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions and other information sources, such as rating plates, and applicable regulations
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Configure the lift truck for travel
- Manoeuvre the vehicle both with and without a load
- Manoeuvre in confined areas in both forward and reverse and with and without a load
- Set up the lift truck to lift various loads
- Lift loads within the full working range of the machine
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transport loads
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keep within safe working parameters
Place the lift truck in an out-of-service condition.