Industrial Telescopic Material Handler (Pallet and Bulk)
Refresh your forklift operator skills and knowledge in just 1 day, building upon previous operator training on the same or a different forklift type.
Overview in brief
An industrial telescopic material handler is, in essence, a more flexible version of the ever-popular fork lift truck.
Its greater ground clearance means that it can be used on uneven surfaces. It also has upward and forward reach capabilities.
All these features make it a popular machine in land-based and construction industries.
But, as with the more humble fork lift, it is a common cause of workplace accidents.
Our intensive one-day course will help refresh your knowledge and skills to ensure that you’re a confident and safe operator of this versatile machine.
The finer details
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has set out a legal minimum standard of basic training for the industrial telescopic material handler.
Our course is designed around the HSE’s approved code of practice.
You’ll be given a thorough run-down of the machine’s capabilities and all the key health and safety issues.
And once the theory is done, you’ll be set a variety of practical tests.
You’ll travel over a number of different terrain types. Lifting, placing and retrieving loads will also be covered in full.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Introduction to the telescopic lift truck
- Start, stop and basic manoeuvring
- Operating with pallets and loads
- Bulk and difficult loads
- Rough terrain use.
What will be covered?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources such as load charts and applicable regulations
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the telescopic material handler for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain with and without a load
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load
- Set the telescopic material handler in order to lift various loads
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the telescopic material handler
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition