MEWP (Boom – Vehicle Mounted)
Reach new heights of expertise with our 2-day mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) boom-vehicle mounted course.
Overview in brief
A boom-vehicle mounted mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) is a popular machine in maintenance and construction industries.
You can move location and then work at, or get materials to, a desired height.
But without understanding how MEWPs work, or what precautions need to be taken when operating them, accidents can happen.
Our course will give you the skills to operate your machine expertly and safely.
The finer details
BNG Training provides a 2-day course which involves both training and practical assessment.
A one day refresher course is also available.
You’ll receive a certificate of training once it is complete.
Theory sessions include a look at MEWP legislation and a comprehensive insight into health and safety issues.
Then it’s on to the practical work.
You’ll learn how to prepare the machine and operate it effectively in various scenarios.
There’s also an in-depth study of emergency lowering procedures.
- Working in the construction industry
- Specific legislation/guidance on MEWPs
- What can go wrong
- Risk assessment
- Using an assistant (banksperson)
- Preparation of machine
- Practical preparation of vehicles
- Practical use
- Emergency procedures.
Who should attend?
Our 2-day course is you if you use- or will be using- a MEWP (boom-vehicle mounted).
You’ll get the chance to learn new knowledge and skills so that you can operate safely and with confidence.
After successfully, completing the course, you’ll receive a training certificate in MEWPs (boom-vehicle mounted).
What will be covered?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources such as duties charts and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER)
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Explain all displayed information on the machine
- Carry out pre-start and running checks
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures
- Operate controls from ground level and from within the working platform
- Manoeuvre/travel the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access, using both forward and reverse motions
- Position the platform up to maximum working height
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.