Level 3 Award in Pest Management Services Trained Professional User
BNG Training are delighted to be delivering the Lantra Pest Management Services – Trained Professional User which has been developed to meet the legal requirements in Ireland that requires users to obtain a Level 3 certificate before operating as a pest control professional.
BNG Training use only highly experienced Trainers/Assessors who will guide you through our well developed training materials covering everything from biology and behaviour, to record keeping and advising clients.
This qualification is suitable for anyone who manages pests, whether it’s those entering work, those who have established themselves in a role, or those working at a supervisory level.
What will be covered?
• the regulations regarding the control of pest species
• biology, behaviour and management of vertebrate pests
• biocide product information
• hazards and risks associated with biocides
• personal safety when using chemicals
• biology, behaviour and management of invertebrate pests
• safe working practices
• the requirements for protected areas
• environmental risks and protection of wildlife
• how to deal with incidents
• record keeping
• advising clients.
This is a 5 day course split into 5 Units which comprises of 2 practical assessments and 3 multiple choice type assessments.
• Biology and Control of Rodent Pests
• Biology and Control of Vertebrate Pests
• Biology and Control of Invertebrate Pests
• Practical Skills for the Management of Vertebrate Pests
• Practical Skills for the management of Invertebrate Pests
On successful completion of this qualification candidates will be able to register with DAFM to become a Pest Management Trained Professional user (PMU) and obtain a PMU number which will be required to purchase professional rodenticide products. This is a legal requirement since 1st January 2018.
BNG Training will be delivering this Training/Qualification at different venues across Ireland over a 2 week period.