Hand held Applicators In or Near Waterways - Hydraulic Nozzle – PA6aw
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential.
Our assessment course in Hand Held Applicators – Hydraulic Nozzle, has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the hand held applicator.
Who is it for?
If you are involved in the application of pesticides with hand held hydraulic nozzle applicators, then our training course is for you. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and allow you to add to your continuous development.
The duration of the course will be dependent on your experience and if you are a novice the course will last for 2 days.
Before attending this course you will have already attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
What will you get from it?
- Identify and describe how hand held applicators work
- Identify and select nozzles for various applications
- Achieve the required spray quality
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Calibrate the applicator
- Mix and fill applicator accurately and safely
- Operate the applicator safely and efficiently in various situations
- Prevent environmental hazards
- Decontaminate and store equipment
- Basics of spray application
- Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- The working principles of a knapsack
- Preparation of the applicator for work
- Calibrating a knapsack
- Mixing, filling and site work
- Calibration – concentration method
- Decontamination, tank washing and storage
The things you need to know:
Duration: 1 day
Max no of learners: 6