Familiarisation of Ground Care Equipment
This is a bespoke customised course developed by BNG Training and approved by Lantra Awards.
Our course is suited to people who are employed in horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance industries.
Once you have successfully carried out the course you will receive a certificate of training for Brush Cutters/Strimmer, Pedestrian mowers and Ride on Mowers.
What will you get from it?
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of a brushcutter/strimmer and Pedestrian and Ride on Mowers with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards.
- State and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required.
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook.
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/strimmer and Mowers and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist engineer.
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions.
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/strimmer and mowers from both a hot and a cold condition in a safe manner.
- Demonstration on how to operate the brushcutter/Strimmer and Mowers in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors.
- Plan systematic working operations.
- Manual Handling Regulations and Safe Lifting Techniques.
- Working Safely in Public Areas.
- Working Safely near Waterways.
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list.
- Safety and risk assessment
- HSE legislation
- Protective clothing
- Manual Handling
- Safe lifting
- Using the equipment safely in Public Areas
- Safety near Waterways
- Components, maintenance and checking for hazards
- Practical maintenance
- Fueling and starting
- Testing the safety features
- Demonstration on safe operation
Max candidates - 12